Monday, July 18, 2011

Time Flies

So I purposely waited to do this post so that I could fit in all of the activities I took part in this week.  It was that reason, or because I'm getting good at procrastinating.

Sunday, July 10 Sela and I FINALLY celebrated our birthdays. (Mind you, this was nearly a month overdue.)  I received a cover for my Kindle along with money for my Kindle account.  But I'm not obsessed with it or anything...I just use it all the time and take it with me everywhere, but that's all...
Sela got cute little girl outfits, a little pony, and a camping edition for her Sweet Streets.

That's my Kindle paraphernalia...and Brenna creepin' in the background.

Sela displaying one of her cute shirts.

We had a birthday cake in the shape of a castle with a plethora of Disney princesses surrounding it. :)




Things happened Monday and Tuesday, I just don't remember what they were besides working.  Speaking of which, my brother Ian got a job at my place of employment.  Much to his dismay, we now have the opportunity to work together! :)  His first day was that Wednesday, but I wasn't scheduled to work that day.  I had requested off to spend a day with Jordan. :) 

That day was our 9 monthsiversary, and since I did not give him a graduation present, I decided to treat him to a day at the Fun and Only Cedar Point.  It wasn't too busy, and we rode all of the good rides including the Raptor, Mantis, Meanstreak, Gemini, Maverick, Wicked Twister, Millennium, and the Dragster.  Unfortunately the Windseeker, the newest ride, was not up and running so we didn't get to experience that.

Funny story...

So we rode the Maverick which kind of takes some quick twists and turns and my phone decided to go flying out of my pocket and into the graveyard of lost belongings.  I was pretty upset when I first discovered this, but it was pretty fortunate timing.  I was due to get my phone upgraded anyway, so the only thing that sucked was losing my contacts and pictures.  But the contacts were obtainable and the pictures weren't priceless.
Then we rode the Meanstreak where Jordan had placed his Pittsburgh Steelers hat under his leg for safekeeping, only to forget and leave it in the seat.  It was gone when we went back to retrieve it.  It was his favorite hat. :(  Did I mention that we forgot the receipts for our tickets which prevented us from getting in and then had to drive home and back before the day even started?  Yeah, that happened too.

However, the day was great. :)  We wanted to go to the Drive-in later in the evening and had time to burn before that, so Jordan took me to the Huron lighthouse.  I had never been there before, but it was wonderfully fun.  We documented the experience.
Glorious!

Whoa...that's a pretty big butt.


It's so sunset-y! :)


To the Lighthouse! :)

Jordan being Jordan ;)

God makes some wonderful things. :)

Piggyback ride :)






Then Thursday rolled around.  And part of my childhood came to an end.  I went to the midnight premiere of the final Harry Potter movie: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hollows Part 2. 

It was a momentous occasion.  I dressed up for it.

I got off work by 10:00 and then showered, threw on some comfy sweats, and headed to the theater where I waited in line with other fanatics.  There were witches and wizards with their wands and robes and dyed hair.  (Yes, a boy actually dyed his hair red like Ron Weasley for this premiere.  It was intense.)  My friend Kailyn and bought the tickets a month in advance and we decided to go with 3-D.  It was totally worth it.  The effects were awesome, the movie was enthralling and entertaining.  It was a great end to a powerful series.  I was not disappointed.

Friday was a 10 hour work day that it is not worth discussing.  It was a long, pointless day.

Saturday was a treat.  We went to the Blossom Center to watch the Cleveland Orchestra perform the music from the Pirates of the Caribbean: Curse of the Black Pearl while also watching the movie play out.  It was amazing.  The orchestra was spot on and at times I forgot that it was live and not part of the movie.  We were seated outside in lawn seats which was fun; especially with the little Berckmueller children who accompanied us.  They were hilarious.

I finally met my roommate on Sunday!  Her name is Alison and we got along pretty well.  It turns out that she plays softball, and planned on playing club ball in the spring.  I was happy about that.  Alison, my suitemates Mary and Hannah, and I met up at the Strongsville mall where we browsed/shopped for dorm stuff.  It wasn't awkward at all like I feared it might be and we are all easy-going.  We picked out a fuzzy lime green rug to go in the middle room and Mary got a purple one like it to go in her and Hannah's room.  It was very fun and made me that much more excited to go to Ashland! :)

I only have a few weeks left before I'm thrown into the adult world, but I think I'm ready.

1 comment:

  1. Wow. I like this post a lot. Very nice, I love the puns, and I love you :)

    ReplyDelete